ABOUT THE BOOK
The economic and political growth of China and its transformation into a capitalist world power is one of the defining features of the modern age. It has shifted economic relations and the balance of power. Hundreds of millions of workers in China – the world’s largest working-class population – hold the future of the world in their hands. What China is and how it is developing is not an academic matter. This book is a contribution to the debate on China.
- Capitalist China and socialist revolution
- China as a capitalist country
- The long march to becoming an imperialist capitalist power
- The Chinese state
- Capitalism without a bourgeoisie?
- The state-owned enterprises
- “Life has become easier, comrades, life has become happier”
- China as an imperialist country
- Political strategy in China
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Simon Hannah is a local government worker and a socialist and trade union activist. He is the author of A Party with Socialists in it: a history of the Labour Left (2018: Pluto Press), Can’t Pay, Won’t Pay: the fight to stop the Poll Tax (2020: Pluto Press), and Radical Lambeth (2021: Breviary Stuff), and a forthcoming book on socialist planning.